Monday, December 19, 2011

December 17, 2011... Holiday/Castagna Party at the Centro Sociale...

Oh, I just had to share this. We had a Holiday/Castagna (chestnut) party on Saturday afternoon. The kids have been memorizing songs, poems, music scores, song lyrics, and dance moves, and on Saturday, December 17, 2011, parents, friends, relatives, and townspeople joined together to witness their work. They did a stupendous job!! It was GREAT.

I loved that I felt like we were caroling inside, as they even sang songs Christmas songs, beginning in English, then switching to Italian. I was so proud of each and every one of them!! I was amazed as I watched them, as I have seen these kids as little munchkins and so many are now teens. It is odd. Sigh.

But anyway...

Here is the link to our town's newsletter to see a few pictures of the event by the photographer and editor of Il Cassanese News (click Il Cassanese News to read the whole newsletter, even old posts, in Italian).

In the picture of all the parents and guests, see the lady standing with the red shirt? I am peeking out about 2 or so heads to the left. hahahahah... And, my oldest, A, is actually slouching to the right of her elbow with the paper to his mouth.

In the picture of all the kids singing with balloons above their heads, G, L, and M are towards the front. G and L are wearing black sweatshirts. M is to the left of the girl wearing white on the front row. ;-)

I hope to post more pictures soon! Until then, enjoy the glimpse!

For a couple more images of castagna festival related posts, click HERE and HERE... Browsing the blog will give you insight into cultural differences, laws and practices, and such... All in Italian, so you may want to consider

4 comments:

  1. it took me a few minutes to find you :) on my computer the lady standing appears to have an orange sweater and the one sitting looks more red (very likely its my old computer not giving good color!)...so I was confused about left right etc :) but I eventually found everyone! even the kids. How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing...sounds like it was a fun experience! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool i am italian!! that is cool that they can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the post! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

    ReplyDelete