Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mommy Maestra: Bilingualism and Language Delay

Mommy Maestra: Bilingualism and Language Delay

I have already explained how we are experiencing some interesting issues where bilingualism and learning progress are concerned. While my kids know two languages, they are a little behind in vocabulary and such in the country within which we live. They love English, but are learning well in both languages, considering, I think. I am currently recieving some stress from the Italian pediatrician, teachers and some family members regarding this. I was fine with my kids' delays for so many years, but this year, along with various other trials, I have felt weakened and discouraged by others. So... I was extremely grateful to come across this post, which confirms my feelings on the matter. Please, read this post over at Mommy Maestra. You may also be put at ease if you are going through similar issues. I know I am feeling so much better. :-) Blessings...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you for all the link love! I am so happy that you have found something of value on my site. It really makes all the hard work worth it.

    Un abrazo,

    ~Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if my previous comment came through our not, but you might also check out Dr Peña and Dr. Bedore's second article in this series here:

    http://tonguetriedbilinguist.blogspot.com/2011/06/mommy-maestra-bilingualism-and-language.html

    Again, I am so happy you have found some of the information on my site of value!

    With kindest regards,

    ~Monica

    ReplyDelete