Sunday, June 19, 2011

Homemade Birthday Parties In Italy: G's 4th Birthday In 2006...

Hm. I am surprised that I have so little to show for this party. I think this year I was bummed because I still had not managed to make the 4th of July fun as I was used to it back in the States, while still maintaining a fun birthday environment. G's birthday falls so near to Independence Day that we usually combine both events. The challenge: Italians don't celebrate the American Independence Day. Sigh... So, I may have been a little emotionally challenged at this time. I can say that games were minimal. I had the kids playing outside, running around and just being kids. Adults sat around and talked and ate. Not much else to it. Here are the photos for this party.


Theme poster with this verse on it:
Psalm 139:17-18
New International Version (NIV)

How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.



"Siblings" Picture... My 3 little guys and my one baby-gal...


G and his cake. With that I must explain. I thought it would be a fun thing to order the cake and have a "professional" make a dinosaur. Great idea, right? Well, the baker decided he did not know how to make a good dinosaur, so he figured a lizard would work. hahahahah... It turned out okay. This is one of a few bought cakes we have gotten here. I am officially a fan of homemade cakes. Just working out the gliches and figuring out what works has been a challenge. By the way, did you know that altitude affects how cakes and cookies bake? I know that now. :-)


G waiting to take the kids-and-cake shot...


I used connected foam rug numbers as a banner above the doorway. They were hollow, which, looking back, might have been better with construction paper added to add some color and make them stand out more. I used a few of the actual numbers as extra decoration on the wall. In general this idea was easy, festive, and convenient.


Guests included various adults (most without children) and a few kids. My husband's parents and his sister and her family were also there.

No comments:

Post a Comment